Saturday, July 23, 2005

Transit Security & Random Checks

I was watching CNN this morning where they were running a story on NYC and it's new random bag checks. The story was about Liberty vs. Security issues and Commisioner Ray Kelly was quoted as saying that as long as the police used a numerical formula the courts have no problem with the searches. The part of the report that caught my attention, however, was a video tape of one of the searches. There for all to see was the politically correct transit policeman dutifully checking the bag of a 60ish white female. I guess checking that she wasn't with Gandmothers for Allah.

New Jersey is going to start the same kind of checks on NJT next week. I guess that they will use the same random features as New York. Does this make me feel any safer. No. How about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home