Tuesday, May 31, 2005

The Ledger Picks up the State Park Issue

Today in an OP/ED piece The Star Ledger calls for a stable source of funding for State Parks Link. As I've stated here before, I'm all for the State Parks. Actually, I use many of them quite often and would love to see some needed improvements.

My issue, once again, is with the Ledger's editorial writers. These people have never seen a tax increase that they didn't support. Just once I'd love to see the Ledger propose which program or programs they would cut in order to fund the new program they are supporting. There is a tax rebellion brewing in New Jersey Link . The voters in New Jersey are quickly becoming aware that the unchecked spending combined with corruption are driving the State into bankruptcy. It would do the Ledger well to recognize this trend take positions more in line with the readers of the paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home