Sunday, September 04, 2005

So Shines the Light of a Good Deed

I've been watching the Katrina coverage, with all of the negative news, blame gaming and the vile spewing of race baiters and it just depressed me. Yesterday I saw something that made me remember that there really are good people out there.

My neighbor who lives on a lightly traveled country road had set up a table with bright hand made signs, ballons and some coffee and doughnuts. The signs said he was collecting money for the releif effort. His little 3 year old son was out with him. He and his son stayed there from 8 AM till 6 PM. Nearly everone that went by stopped and donated. He collected nearly $500.00.

I'm sure he had as much to do yesterday as I did, but he took time to do something for others and at the same time teach his child a true lesson. Kudos!

3 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing makes me madder more than spam comments.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger nightfly said...

RBM - don't think of the spam. If it happens again, just think of your generous neighbor and his child, doing the good that they see in front of them, and smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home