Friday, September 16, 2005

The Great Spending Spree

I rarely write on topics not related to New Jersey, but in light of Bush's spending plans as announced last night, I need to make a comment. George W. Bush is the biggest mistake that social and fiscal conservatives ever supported. He now has committed the taxpayers of this Country to three open ended, multi billion dollar initatives. $60 Billion for the Gulf Coast and we know that's going to grow, $100 Billion per year for the Iraq War which doesn't look like its going to end any day soon, and God only knows how much for pescriptions in the new non-means tested perscription plan.

Bush has never vetoed a bill. Not one! It seems like he will do anything to please everyone. He has no core convictions. Getting Bush elected by undermining Kerry will become known as the best move Hillary ever made.

2 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger DBK said...

You and I have common ground, my friend. As liberal as I am on social issues, I am very much the fiscal conservative. Truth is, if Rockefeller Republicans existed anymore, I would be more one of them. Bush is a disaster, but make no mistake about it, this massive spending is all about looting the Treasury. Don't count on those inspector generals to mean much. Look at the overcharging scandals in Iraq! This guy is gonna borrow a trillion or five from China by the time he is done and leave us holding the payments while his cronies get the contracts and suck up the money. And let's face it, there is now way the rebuilding should cost as much as estimated unless it is going to be done with massive overcharges and profit margins. We're getting taken for a ride, my friends. Here's one where we can join hands and say, "no", but you'll have to do something about this in the 2006 mid-terms and vote for the other team. I don't know if you're ready to do that, but it has to be done if you want to let them know you are unhappy. I know it will be hard for you, but you can always go back to voting Republican in '08. I'm very serious about this. If you want to stop the thieving and over-spending, you'll have to hold your nose and do it. If I thought there were true fiscal conservatives in the Republican Party to vote for, I might vote for them, but this crowd is just looting the tazpayers.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actuall, I can't stand either party. Repubs and Dems are two sides of the same coin.

I find myself voting libertarian or constitutional in elections. We as citizens must take back our Government on both the state and federal level.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home